Ideassssssss . . .

Published on: Author: bette Leave a comment

I always think that an idea has to be profound and perfectly formed before I put it “out there.”   As a result, my last post was 5 months ago and I just deleted 10 drafts that I never felt were “profound” or “perfect” enough to actually put “out there” … (meaning here). 

Last week Richard and I pulled into “our” parking lot in Orick, California – across the street from the Palm Cafe where we usually stop on the way back to Brookings for their wonderful homemade chili and pie.  I had a weird sort of déjà vu feeling when I looked up and saw that we were already there.  Parked where we usually park was a Winnebago Journey and a Honda CR-V – same size, same colors as our rig – but, of course, it wasn’t us.  The windows were covered and since the only place to park was right in front of them, I went around to the door, knocked quietly, and was answered by Rhonda Fleming.

Not that Rhonda Fleming … but a woman, photographer, and blogger who has sparked so many ideas in me that when she arrived in Brookings yesterday and met us for lunch, we spent 5 hours sharing our stories and wondering why life hasn’t brought us together before this!

The “why” of course, in this case doesn’t matter … but what does is that we have a lot more to learn from each other.  I just subscribed to her blog … and feel much better about mine because she hasn’t posted since long before my last post!  She does, however, know how to use WordPress a lot better than I do … so that might be a place where we can start learning from one another.  The first thing I learned from her blog is what happens if I post a link to my blog in a comment.  It comes out underlined and in blue – and is a link directly to another page – which in this case was to my blog post about my tour of Facebook in December 2016.

Well … I woke up at 3 AM with this particular idea in my head and knew it would be lost if I went back to sleep.  So now I can save this as another draft, or I can just post something not at all profound – and far from perfectly formed – knowing that, like when I started in 2009 I can always go back and edit or delete any time I want.

About